It’s no secret that I need chocolate in my life regularly! This sugar free chocolate chia pudding totally hits the spot when I need to indulge.
Not only is this chia pudding delicious but it is super filling and good for you! Chia seeds are low in calorie but loaded with nutrients, antioxidants, are high in protein, fiber, and Omega-3 fatty acids. They are high in bone nutrients and can help improve Type 2 diabetes and heart disease. Instead of grabbing for an energy drink or coffee, find a way to get chia seeds in your diet!
- 1½ cups unsweetened almond milk, or milk of choice
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 9 large pitted organic Medjool dates or 2-5 tablespoons of honey or maple syrup
- 3-6 tablespoons unsweetened organic cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch pink Himalayan sea salt
- Place dates in a bowl of warm water to soften them up (about 5 minutes).
- In a blender or food processor blend dates until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend until it is a smooth and silky consistency.
- Top with homemade raspberry chia jam, coconut, berries, coconut cream, gogi berries, nuts ect.
- Enjoy immediately or chill in the fridge where it will thicken up even more.
- *Note: Cocoa powder and Cacao powder are different in flavor, taste and adjust as you go.